AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a little flipping back and forth between OTA network shows and the satellite locals. In several cases, the HD show has been blown up to fill the screen with the loss of info at the top and/or bottom. Even when not doing this I have noticed bad cropping. Is this common or have I been unlucky in my selective viewing.

If this is the norm, it defeats a lot of the HD benefit for me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
it's your specific affliates that are doing the cropping. they don't want people to ever see sidebars, so they zoom the 4:3 picture. if you hate cropping, even 4:3 stuff, you can call your local affliates and complain, or watch the SD feed. i've called some of the houston affliates that are doing this, namely ABC, but they are unreceptive. real HD is a whole other story. it should always fill your 16:9 screen, barring it isn't a 2.35:1 movie that is OAR. if you are experiencing cropping during true HD broadcasts, check your equipment settings.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm refering to CBS's monday night comedies for instance. That includes the boston and ny feeds being blown up. I think it comes from CBS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.