AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put it in a cabinet with a door that is 19" deep.

I'm looking at a receiver that is 17 1/8 deep. is 1 7/8" enough room?

I think that there is enough room to plug in a cable, but if you might need more room.

Receiver choice #2 is 15". That should not be a problem

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Certain cables such as HDMI can be up to 2" in height for the connector. Also when installing an AVR into a cabinet make sure to leave at least 4" clearance for the L/R sides and top cover...

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm123 /forum/post/19585011

I want to put it in a cabinet with a door that is 19" deep.

I'm looking at a receiver that is 17 1/8 deep. is 1 7/8" enough room?

I think that there is enough room to plug in a cable, but if you might need more room.

Receiver choice #2 is 15". That should not be a problem

1 7/8 may be enough, but barely. It all depends how many cables you will use and type of connectors.

·
Registered
942 Posts
My cabinet is 23" deep and the receiver is 17" so I have about 6". It was just enough room given that in wall HDMI cables do not bend and flex easily.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I think it is going to be to tight. Especially with cables that have thicker shielding. Thick shielding is a good thing, but not when you can't get the cable to bend enough to get it to fit a tight space. You also run the risk of putting a lot of stress on the ports you will be plugging into. HDMI's will be the most likely to get damaged. It's really not good to have stress put on any type of cable end.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I like to leave enough room so I can rewire if needed without moving everything. I know that's not an option for everyone. My AV rack used to have a back. I cut it open compromising it's structural integrity, but I pretty much had to, as some devices were too deep for the rack.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I don't think the 17-1/8" will fit. The 15" will be tight but should fit. Be careful selecting your cables: no banana plugs, only very short or right angle HDMI and RCA. Even 4" is not a lot of room.

-Max

1 - 8 of 8 Posts