Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, a little help needed guys....

I'm building my own home entertainment center and am making it so thinks fit perfectly. I currently own the RX-V1000 receiver and am unsure how much breathing room I should allow?? What do you guys think? I've never had any problems with this unit overheating or even getting hot for that matter however I want to be safe. Thanks in advance for your advise!

Patrick

·
Registered
283 Posts
The RXV-1000 can get very warm. If you're going to go with tight tolerances or a face plate, then install cooling fans. If you're not going to use cooling fans then the more space the better. I would think 3/4"-1" all around would work o.k. as a minimum if it's not enclosed.

These are not hard facts only estimates.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3/4"-1" on top? That's it? Wow, I am planning to give it 1" on each side and had been told about 4" on top. Does that sound right? I will be installing a cooling fan in the back and it should be quite open where the reciever will be. Is 4" on top pushing it with a fan?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Give it as much as you can. Any receiver putting out decent power will get hot. I'd be very nervous with 1" on top.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Most user manuals will contain this information... my receiver mandates 4"-6" on top.

Greg

·
Registered
283 Posts
We use about an inch all around with cooling fans fairly often without trouble, but I guess it depends on where the cooling fans are relative to the receiver. We place the cooling fans blowing directly on to the receiver or amplifiers and typically will have a push-pull configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.