AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys might have any advice on how much you think I should sell my TV for? It's a Sony 40" CRT, HDTV 480i/p 1080i (KV40XBR-700). It's about 4 and half years old and is working fine. I bought it for around $5200 CAN with stand in Oct 2002.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I recently purchased an 2.5 year old 40" XBR800 for $800 with 1.5 years left on an in home warranty. But I would have not at all paid $800 had it not been for the CC in home, I KNEW it would have green ghosts when it was moved into my house so I figured it would be cheaper than calling in a repair guy to throw some magnets on it..

I have seen the 700 go for around 650-700...

With it being one of the older unit I would say closer to the 650 USD range

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thats the way with Electronics.

The 40" is a Niche product so there may be a chance of getting a better price with the right buyer.

I was with in 3 days of buying a 50"SXRD which would have been WAY out of budget as I had given up finding a 40" and I am pleased that I found it.

I am a Big CRT man.

My computer even still has a 21" CRT and it'll be a cold day before I go to flat panel's

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got the 800 about 3 years ago for $2500, I't a grear TV but its so damn BIG and

HEAVY - Also thinkin about sellin mine.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Nice set. I might be interested in the set. I already have a 36XS955 which I got for 600 dollars last year at CC. Unfortunately CRT sets value has bottomed out and with LCD and PLasmas in a freefall, you can never get near what you paid for the set. PM if you still want to sell the set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.