AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panny AX100U throwing 106" onto an elite fixed screen. The projector is sitting on a large shelf across the room (20' away). I noticed that I had to level the projector image on the screen by turning one of the feet halfway "out" and leaving the other fully retracted. I chalked this up to the unevenness of the wooden shelf since it's pine (figured it dipped a bit in the middle).

Anyway, after some further investigating, I realized that my screen is 1/2" out of level (due to my baseboards not being level - I measured up from there). (Yes, we used a laser level to get the screen's brackets level, so I'm not sure how I missed this). Anyway, the projector is now tilted a few degrees to compensate for the uneven screen. The tilt of the screen is not noticeable due to the size of the wall (19' ceiling and 10' on each side of the screen).

I won't be able to tackle this fix for a few weeks until I get another set of hands to help me with the screen readjustment.

Question: any problems with running the projector slightly uneven like this for a few weeks? How about longer than that?

Thanks for any insights...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I wouldn't screw with it unless you're obsessively anal about it (just knowing it's not exatly right) or unless it really bothers you from a visual standpoint (which I doubt as small as the discrepency is).

Leave it alone and enjoy your new projector! Watch a movie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.