Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm curious on the usage that you are getting out of your Lt-150...

I received my unit 8/10/2001

I only use it for movies (no tv)

I have used 53 hours so far... looks like I will get about 20 months out of a lamp provided my first month is typical...

I also started a bulb fund every movie I watch I throw $2 in a jar for the bulb... that way when I'm done I'll have money for the bulb!

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can you get your usage from the menus? I haven't been able to find that number, and I'm quite curious. I've only used it for test runs, and some news watching during the past two days, but probably less than 60 hours as well. I'd like to know the exact number though.

Can you post some instructions on getting to that number?

JoseQ

------------------
http://www.speedhost.com
a href= http://www.emuviews.com

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Miles,

I look at your system config and find that you're only using the RP91 for your LT150 and not HTPC as many LT150's owners here are using. I'm currently looking to get a front projector(probably the LT150) and been owning the the RP91 for months with no HTPC. Are you happy/satisfy with the LT150/RP91 combo? What kind of connection are you using between the two? What kind and How big of the screen you are using? Can you post some pictures? Many thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've got about 275 hours on mine since June. I use it for movies and sports, and some regular TV watching.

I expect I'll get 10-12 months out of the 1st bulb. Doesn't bother me too much as the LT150 enabled me to spend $2K less than I originally planned and still get the picture quality I desired.

-Dave

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tvuong,

I am very happy with the rp-91/lt-150 combo...

I use a vga to 5BNC breakout cable to hook them up... I may invest in a HTPC at some later date. I am not using a screen right now I am using the wall... (need to acumulate more funds before I get a screen...)

Good luck

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've had mine since the middle of August, and have put over 180 hours on it. Ouch. I've only watched 4 or 5 full movies on it, including two HDTV movies. The rest was general TV use or for internet browsing or other general PC use.

I think I may have to start rationing my use a little bit. Where did I put that TW40X81???

·
Registered
168 Posts
I received my LT150 on Aug. 3. I have 165 hrs on it so far. Ever since I got my HTPC, I've been using it for internet, TV (through dScaler), and DVDs.

I also brought home a little work. Word and Excel on a 10' screen is awesome! I should take a tax deduction...

I intend to push the envelope on the LT150 bulb, which should hit 1000 hrs in late spring. Does anyone know if the LT150z's 2000-hr bulb is the same or similar to the LT150's bulb?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've had mine since the beginning of August as well.

I'm up to 80 hours - all of it DVD only.

That pace will probably pick up slightly as I intend to watch Enterprise and CSI with the projector.

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.