AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am gettign ready to mount a CM 4248 antenna to my house and I was wondering how much adding a second would help. I can get about half the stations that are broadcasting in HD, but the ones I can't get are at low power. Low meaning 125KW. The ones I can get are aroudn 700KW. I can see the tuner trying to get these channels when I do a channel scan, but it doesn't lock on.

I have read about some people doing a vertical stack to help improve their signal. How much real world difference is there? I'll check out atechfabrication.com later, but I was looking for people who have the stacks and can tel lme how they compare with only one.

-Beef

·
Registered
737 Posts
A stack is great if you're dealing w/multi-path or really need to squeak that last bit of gain. I believe I'll replace my stack with a nice Blake come spring.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeff...

thanks. I've ben watching the thread about a Televes ditributor in the USA. Hopefully I can see if you get better results with the DAT75 than your CM 4248. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is a safe bet that you will get better results with the DAT75 than the CM but it is also a safe bet that the Blake will outperform the Channelmaster, but in your case it has not. Have you tried the Blake in the new location you have found?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.