AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My walls and ceiling are currently a very light grey (almost white, may have been white at one point but the house is 50 something years old). The ceiling is tile so i cannot paint it but i am wondering how much of a difference painting the walls a flat black or very dark color will make?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Night vs Day difference.

Do a forum search there are several threads on this subject.

Take a look at the images in my signature before and after.. my room was all white before putting up the ceiling treatment.. wall covering goes up and down every night.

Some pic of the update including making one of the ceiling panels and the metal for the magnetically attached wall treatment. Some comments are under the images once you click on the thumb nails
Living room update

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes  /t/1520313/how-much-will-black-paint-improve-the-image#post_24422696

Night vs Day difference.

Do a forum search there are several threads on this subject.

Take a look at the images in my signature before and after.. my room was all white before putting up the ceiling treatment.. wall covering goes up and down every night.

Some pic of the update including making one of the ceiling panels and the metal for the magnetically attached wall treatment. Some comments are under the images once you click on the thumb nails
Living room update
Thanks, I may end up doing something similar to what you did for the ceiling as I cannot paint it, but i will be painting the walls black I believe as the room is out of sight in the basement...

·
Registered
11 Posts

Good decision on the ceiling treatment. If you cover some acoustic damping material with black cloth it can also help tame first reflections from you F-C-R channels which helps imaging.  You may want to consider building acoustic panels for the side walls as well and covering them with black cloth. Dark tapestries can work as well. I have a black curtain behind the seating area of my HT which hides a clothes rack. Practical acoustic room treatment! 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.