AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some estimates to have Definitive Technology In-wall speakers

3 UIW RLS II speakers and 4 UIW BPZ/A installed in my finished basement (drywall)...I may need to modify the studs a little to accomodate a center channel placed horizontally. Any idea how much work this is (man hours) so I can gauage the estimates? I already have an estimate for running the speaker wire to those locations...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatej /forum/post/0

I am getting some estimates to have Definitive Technology In-wall speakers

3 UIW RLS II speakers and 4 UIW BPZ/A installed in my finished basement (drywall)...I may need to modify the studs a little to accomodate a center channel placed horizontally. Any idea how much work this is (man hours) so I can gauage the estimates? I already have an estimate for running the speaker wire to those locations...

Thanks!!!

Just curious, how did the modification of the studs go for your center channel speaker?...reason why I ask is that I might be doing the same thing here pretty soon. Seems to me that cutting the stud for speaker installation would be ok as the stud would basically sit in on top of the in wall. I dont know though...will see what I run into

·
Registered
252 Posts
it depends on if that stud is necessary for wall support. the best option is to box the speaker cavity in like a window to keep the stud integrity and re-sheetrock the area. this should take 3-4 hours.

if you just cut the stud and install the speaker, you are looking at 30 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts