AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 Klipsch towers, 2 bookshelfs, a center and a sub. I'm thinking of returning them as I really won't be able to enjoy them in my apartment.

I'm on the fence however as part of me obviously really wanted them bad enough to spend the money in the first place. I'm secretly hoping the shipping will be too expensive to be worth it though as that will make my decision easy.

They were $600 and I'm wondering if it would even be worth it?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
How many noise complaints have your gotten already? Seriously do you think that 90% of people who buy a Corvette or Porsche use the performance it has to offer, NO! You still will get alot of your system even at low volume after 10pm?

Keep your system quiet after 9-10pm and you are golden.

Here is a shipping cost calculator from UPS.
https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_CA

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many noise complaints have your gotten already? Seriously do you think that 90% of people who buy a Corvette or Porsche use the performance it has to offer, NO! You still will get alot of your system even at low volume after 10pm?

Keep your system quiet after 9-10pm and you are golden.

Here is a shipping cost calculator from UPS.
https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_CA
I haven't even hooked them up yet, everyone on here scared me lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hook them up and open up your ears. If you like them, keep them. If not, post an ad on Craigslist or here at the AVS Classifieds.

You mentioned that you got them for $600 when when are worth $1600? You could simply flip them and make a profit.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Not saying those Klipsch are great speakers, but great speaker will sound great loud and great speakers will sound great "no loud"...juts try the "not loud" selection!
Get some nice headphones when you want the system loud!

·
Registered
32,860 Posts
Damn really? Yeah I have the boxes. I wonder how they can afford to ship to me for free?
There is no such thing as free shipping. I don't know a single freight company that works for free. That just means the cost of shipping is included in the speaker cost. Some of the larger Klipsch tower speakers have to go freight. The boxes are not designed to ship UPS/FedEx ground.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I haven't even hooked them up yet, everyone on here scared me lol
If you aren't going to use them either sell them locally craigslist or pay shipping of $300.

Honestly though I would hook them up and enjoy your speakers. Just be mindful after 9pm. I always have lived in apartments with not a single noise complaint. With the volume you can always turn them down.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Do your apartments have a "For Sale" bulletin board?

If yes, advertise them there.

If you get a buyer, then say to yourself "Hey, if he can use them here, so can I".

Retract the offer, hook it all up, and enjoy.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
I had a home theater in an apt years ago. Technically a condo but lets be honest they are apartments. I played mine fairly loud but I lived next door to a stripper on one side and a frat house on the other. Never had any complaints. In fact, the stripper was louder than the theater when her boyfriends came over. :)

·
The Village Idiot
9,715 Posts
You can save 15-25% by signing up for a FedEx account. If you don't like FedEx get a UPS account - if you don't like either of those you can use USPS and ensure your packages arrive totally thrashed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts