AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how often those crazy deals like the LT150 pop up. It's right in my current budget and I didn't do it because I could never justify it to my wife or myself for that matter since I just built a new computer that set me back $1000. Does anyone think that I'll be able to find a similar deal in a few months? Or was this just a fluke? Maybe someone will sell me theirs in a few months. I need a demo though so I can see if I am perceptible to rainbows, then I'll go the LCD route. Maybe we'll see a Sony 10HT closeout when the 11HT comes out! I doubt it. Sorry to poor mouth to you guys but I have started a new business this year and money is tight.

·
Registered
665 Posts
IMO, this is a fluke...and you might get another LT150 deal just after the LT150Z is introduced...at which point the pricing will take a dip until inventory is exhausted (and pretty quickly, one might add, given the ever-growing popularity of the LT150 for HT use). It is hard to tell what price you might see but I doubt it will be lower than $1700 since many of the parts in the LT150 are probably useable in the new projectors coming off the assembly lines.

$2000 might be the magic marker price of this puppy. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

- Balance Between

- Quality & Price!

------------------

Editor of the AVS Skyworth FAQ and Official Panasonic RP91 Firmware Upgrade Request from OWNERS pages.

[This message has been edited by Yahoo (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jaron:
the answer is, next qtr, when DELL needs to make their sales numbers and can't, they will have this sale again. last week of October.
I don't think they'd necessarily have a fire sale on the same items as they did this quarter.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'll definitely be keeping a close eye out for it toward October. Scream loud when it does!!!I can wait till then. I've already got the Da-Lite 60x80 matte white screen set up. Right now I'm using it with a Sharp QA-1650 640x480 TFT LCD panel on a 4000 lumen overhead projector. And you guys thought YOU had stray light problems!

P.S. Yes the picture is very watchable, I rarely see any artifacts due to the low resolution and you get used to the screen door after a while.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I just found this projector under small business on the Dell site. It's $2,640.95. I remember hearing of a 20% discount. Is this still available? How did you get it? thanks!

you can find it here:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...Type=&customer _id=04&Pageb4Search=&page=search%2Easp

[This message has been edited by shahram72 (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Banned
770 Posts
Dell made a mistake in selling the NECLT150 for that cost. They had assumed that they had 2 additional back end rebates coming from NEC, which in fact they did not. When they realized their error (they lost a lot of money), they corrected the price. This is per NEC

AJ Abrams

Product Analyst

Projector People/AV Marketplace/ Home Theatre People/ Plasma People/AVI

------------------

AJ Abrams

·
Registered
915 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.