AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For purposes of this poll, please only answer if you currently do NOT get ESPN-HD, and still don't know if/when you will get ESPN-HD.

To get the ball rolling, I'd say I check to see DirecTV's status 6-8 times per day while at work, and 1-2 times while at home. I posted this poll to see if my checking 7-10 times per day is obsessive!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Oh wow. I check this forum 45-50 times per day looking for any tidbit on the Hallmark HD channel. I totally forgot that ESPN was to have launched an HD channel since I hadnt seen much discussion on it.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Way to much. I did this also when Discovery HD was launched 10+ months ago and after a couple of weeks then I delete this forum from my favorites. Now I am back for any info on ESPN HD and it's not looking good :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with him trying to find out if he was obssessive regarding the ESPN-HD channel.

Hey, did you hear that channel 426 might be ESPN-HD? Or that the Best Buy/Phillips and ESPN-HD commercials mean that ESPN-HD is coming to DirecTV soon? Did I miss anything?

-T

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if I hadn't seen this post three days ago ...

"Today's rumor: Expect news soon, real soon. And no, I can't say anything more." - Ken H

... I probably wouldn't be here nearly as often.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I check about once a day. However the difference today is I really don't check for breaking news about ESPN-HD like I did before the end of March. Today, I only check in to follow up on all HD programming news ESPN-HD or not.

·
Registered
467 Posts
3x too many.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I have reached the point where I don't think about ESPN-HD anymore. I don't really find myself watching ESPN too often, so why worry myself. I'd rather look forward to HDNet on Dish before I'd lose sleep for ESPN-HD.

It just isn't all that.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Once DIRECTV gets ESPN-HD I'll probably watch it less than the time I am taking checking back here to see when I can get it. I pay for and have HBO-HD and Showtime-HD and hardly ever watch it. I watch the PBS demo loop and HDNet (both freebies) a lot more often.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't even own my first piece of HDTV gear and I check this site at least 4x per day (but I read more forums than this one.)

Does anyone else wish they could get "breaking news" on HDTV sent to them by email? Is there an email mailing list I should join? This message board is great, fantastic, amazing, incredible (but sometimes I wish I could get it all sent to me by email). Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since March 30Th i have been checking this site ALL the time, also I go to directv.com, and any other forums, It's really crazy, I just seem to be occupied with this so much i wish that they would either add the channel or tell us that they are not going to add it. I'm glad to see that there are other ESPN-HD "junkies" out there. I try to think about it rationally because if the channel was on I don't think I would really watch it that much, at least not until football season, but I think the "thrill of the chase" is what keeps me obsessively checking for information. I think it's kind of like when a new electronic product is coming out and you search the web over and over and then...boom you find it. I hope we get some new info soon so I can lay this baby down.

Joel

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I promise not to start a poll titled, "How many times do people check this thread to see how many times other people are checking other threads for new info about the availability of ESPN-HD?"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.