AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, there are many factors that can determine how quickly the air intake filters of your projector need cleaning. But on average, how often do most of you clean your LCD/DLP filters ???

·
Registered
650 Posts
Once every 50 hours, or three times now on my ae300. It keeps the voices in my head to a minimum!

For normal people I heard every 100 hrs is recommended, though.

Mike U.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My room was fairly dusty and I didn't clean the filter until a little before 250 hours. Used a 2hp shop vac (made sure to hold the filter in place tightly :) ) and honestly didn't notice much of a difference. It might have helped that the AE100 was up quite high.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Li On
Hi,

Never! My AE100 is now clocked at 1144 hours. While it still works, I ain't touch it! :)

regards,

Li On
Gee, there's some wonderful advice to keeping the projector in tip-top shape.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Rob,

I really can't understand you people. Since when does how often do I clean my projector filter becomes a "advice" let alone a wonderdul one? Is my English that poor?

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Li On,

I always viewed cleaning the filter as preventative maintenance rather than invasive surgery. Isn't that rather like saying "I'm not going to change the oil in my car until the engine stops running?"

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ahh, would be interesting to hear wether someone with the HS-10 has gotten any messages to replace their air filter yet?

Mine is at about 100 hours, and no message about it yet..

Regards,

Tore K.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was told to clean the filter on my Mitsubishi XD200 every 1 month for home theatre and every 3 months if for data.

Only thing is I can't find out how to access my filter. There are no instructons on filter cleaning. Anyone know how to access the filter with the XD200.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
In the Sharp Manual it says just to hold a vacuum hose over the intake vents to clean the filters.

Says something for the new sealed optics.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I vacuum the filter on my NEC VT540 on the first of each month, which works out to about 100 hours (the manufacturer's recommendation).

If you allow the filter on your projector to become clogged with dust, you risk overheating the projector. Clean your filter, Li On!

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Scott,

I do monitor the AE100 temp in the service menu from time to time. And it seems normal so far.

No I won't clean it's filter. I hope it will break ASAP so I can be forced to have my next projector! :)

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've got an NEC LT 150 and i clean the dust out of it whenever I change the lamp. (I'm on lamp 3 now.) I wonder if my hushbox could be helping keep it clean, it's never dirty inside like my PC's. Those those suckers get really dirty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.