AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung LN52B750 LCD but lately its been acting funny. The input sources are not recognizing the signal after watching a show for about 30 minutes or so. It will just black out then come back on after about a minute. even worse the PC input will not recognize signal at all. I even hooked up my pc to my 4yr old Sammy just to check.

I said all that to ask this: How much trouble will i have taking this back to BB? i bought the 2yr BB extended warrenty so i would think it should be simple. I was just wondering if i would have to prove the flaws of the tv. Ive had the TV just about a year now.

It seems as if people on this forum exchange TV's all the time, i was just hoping for some insight. thanks

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
you need to cal 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD (1-800-433-5778) and get a service appointment scheduled under your protection plan.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubc /forum/post/19646849

I have a Samsung LN52B750 LCD but lately its been acting funny. The input sources are not recognizing the signal after watching a show for about 30 minutes or so. It will just black out then come back on after about a minute. even worse the PC input will not recognize signal at all. I even hooked up my pc to my 4yr old Sammy just to check.

I said all that to ask this: How much trouble will i have taking this back to BB? i bought the 2yr BB extended warrenty so i would think it should be simple. I was just wondering if i would have to prove the flaws of the tv. Ive had the TV just about a year now.

It seems as if people on this forum exchange TV's all the time, i was just hoping for some insight. thanks

If you have an extended warranty then by all means get it repaired and if it's not repairable then they will hopefully replace it.

As for your statement about "exchanging" TVs, that's not entirely accurate. You should have said "it seems as if some people exchange TV's all the time." The rest of us make the right decisions the first time.

However, getting a TV that fails is certainly a valid reason to take it back or pursue whatever remedy is available to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,480 Posts

Quote:

You are absolutely correct. There are a group of people on the Forum who take maximum advantage of exchange and return priviliges.

The worst were the people who shopped for TVs at Costco because until about a year ago they accepted TVs with no time limit. Some people were quite blatant about their plans to buy a TV at Costco and then exchange it when a better and less expensive model came out.

There are still a group of people who buy a $1,500 TV and at first they love it, but somehow, after 2-3 weeks, they aren't satisfied any more. AND, the TV is not defective. They just take advantage of return policies that don't entail a 15% restocking fee.

Some of these people have been through a hand full of different TVs and still talk about exchanging a 4 month old TV for something newer/bigger/different technology.

It is no wonder that you have the impression you do, because the hard core exchangers give others the idea that TVs are something you can just exchange for any reason, or no reason at all. Some will use the panel lottery as their reason. If they were honest with the company they bought these TVs from, the stores wouldn't take back all of these TVs.

But stores like Best Buy are pretty liberal about exchanges. At least one, and perhaps two, but serial exchangers are out there and stores have a new way of tracking serial exchangers.

I was just reading about it. Now, it won't make any difference if you pay by cash, they will be able to identify the serial exchangers and will stop selling to them.

You have a real problem with your TV, hopefully you can get it fixed easily or will need a legit exchange.

Finally, some of the worst offenders are frequent posters. They shed crocodile tears if a proposed panel doesn't materialize, but couldn't care less about exchanging panels because something about the TV now bothers them.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubc

BB?

They are TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. You should never even walk by that store.

Good luck, you'll need it.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy
But stores like Best Buy are pretty liberal about exchanges. At least one, and perhaps two, but serial exchangers are out there and stores have a new way of tracking serial exchangers.
This is completely inaccurate.

Best buy has a procedure in place that makes it near impossible to get any satisfaction after they have sold you a defective set.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr
This is completely inaccurate.

Best buy has a procedure in place that makes it near impossible to get any satisfaction after they have sold you a defective set.
Why would you state that? You have 30 days to return it. I will return my UN46C6900 this weekend. Netflix issues (ghosting) and skintones are off.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurodave /forum/post/19651048

Why would you state that? You have 30 days to return it. I will return my UN46C6900 this weekend. Netflix issues (ghosting) and skintones are off.

I would say that because it is true. You may be in luck that you ran home with the new set dropped what you were doing to install it and found it was trash within the thirty days. If you had waited two weeks to install it and then found that it was garbage but had cable come and be sure all was ok on their end first and you did not drop everything in your life to devote to Best Buys time frame and called on the 31st day you would be screwed abd Best Buy would make your life a nightmare.

Best Buy is a horrific retailer who was in the right market at the right time and now abuses their customers. They are garbage and sell garbage. If you need to know how strongly I feel just ask and I'll expand on that.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr /forum/post/19654467

I would say that because it is true. You may be in luck that you ran home with the new set dropped what you were doing to install it and found it was trash within the thirty days. If you had waited two weeks to install it and then found that it was garbage but had cable come and be sure all was ok on their end first and you did not drop everything in your life to devote to Best Buys time frame and called on the 31st day you would be screwed abd Best Buy would make your life a nightmare.

Best Buy is a horrific retailer who was in the right market at the right time and now abuses their customers. They are garbage and sell garbage. If you need to know how strongly I feel just ask and I'll expand on that.

Thanks for your insight, Alex.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm no fan of BB but if it's a 30 day return policy and you know it's 30 day return policy doesn't it become the responsibility of the purchaser to test the display for defects or compatibility issues within that time frame. It's a the equivalent of complaining about the expiration date on the milk because you still have half a carton left?

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
I'll admit that I've been a "serial exchanger" in the past, but I usually had a good reason for doing so. With my Kuro it was a buzzer with pretty bad DSE. With all three of My Sammy LCDs they had dark shadow pillars. And with my 3 Panasonic Plasma sets, rising blacks (one was returned to Amazon on Panasonic's recommendation, the rest dealt with by Panasonic themselves) I simply don't tolerate defects or shipping damages.

I now have a 50c450 720p plasma from Samsung that cost less than half of the cost of the cheapest set listed above, and you know what? I'm happy with it, have been for 9 months.

What I learned from all that is you tend to pick apart the expensive sets while you can usually tolerate the cheaper ones. Which is why I will never buy a high end, high cost TV again.

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:

No matter what people say here, it's between you and BB. Contact them.

larry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.