AVS Forum banner

How Often Do You Watch 3D?

• Daily. 3D is how I view the world!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Two or three times a week, but not every day.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Once a month or less.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Never any more, but I used to. 3D is dead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never watched 3D.

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a Die Hard 3D Fan, casual, or have you given up on 3D? Be honest, let's see how important 3D is among it's most loyal. A more realistic poll would be out in the general public but we already know most don't view 3D so I'll just post it here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Are you a Die Hard 3D Fan, casual, or have you given up on 3D? Be honest, let's see how important 3D is among it's most loyal. A more realistic poll would be out in the general public but we already know most don't view 3D so I'll just post it here.
Typically I would watch a 3D movie about every 4-6 weeks (basically whenever I bought a new 3D blu ray). But I find since I bought my new LG 3DTV with 3DGO on it I've been streaming a lot more movies and free trailers lately (i.e., almost daily!)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm so far behind on my (in general) movie watching. Although i do try to put in a disc for 10-20 minutes to enjoy the 3D goodness. Would love to do it more often since my 3D projector purchase. Plus i would skip the 3D release of movies if the steelbook didn't contain the 3D disc. I now find myself skipping the steelbook in favour of the 3D release.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I find myself rewatching movies I don't even like all that much in 3D rather than movies I like far more but with 33% fewer dimensions.

If its a movie I haven't seen in 3D I bend over backwords to watch it that way. There has been one movie that had a US 3D release that I didn't see and me and the GM of the area Family Video has heard it from me on that one for a while.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
We used to institute 3D Movie Night every Sunday night in my house. We haven't stuck to it much this year, but I bet we watch 3D once a month? And probably watch 2D movies once or twice a weekend? So probably 1/6 or 1/8 movies?

·
Registered
69 Posts
voted for once a week. Our movie watching is mostly limited to weekends when there is no school/work the next day. We'll watch on average 2 - 3 movies per weekend. Typically at least one of the movies is a 3D. We stream a few, but mostly we watch from our blu-ray collection. We would watch more 3D if there were more 3D releases worth purchasing on blu-ray (I'm looking at you Big Hero 6).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Due to the limited amount of movies in 3D vs. 2D movies, cable programming, network, etc. it does take up a smaller part. However, my daughter just watched Tangled 3D this past week.

Also, the 3D is sweet for demos for friends and family.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used to watch a lot more 3D, but there is very little to no new 3D to watch. Not into animation movies and my children are now young adults, so interest in animation genre is dead.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have been collecting 3D movies so I have a lot to draw from so I still will watch something in 3D at least once a week. It's getting harder as the blu-ray releases are drying up. I will occasionally rent from the 3D on demand channel of DirecTV but I would rather buy a blu-ray. (Damn you Disney) I feel 3D's next step is VR as the industry has killed 3D TV and I actually enjoy watching 3D projects in the virtual theater on my Samsung Gear VR. If you get a chance check this system out at Best Buy if they are demoing it as this and the Oculus Rift have convinced me that this is the future.

Watching a 3D movie in this amazing virtual theater is better than most "real" theaters. The screen looks HUGE when you are wearing the headset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts