AVS Forum banner

How Often Do You Watch 3D?

• Daily. 3D is how I view the world!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Two or three times a week, but not every day.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Once a month or less.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Never any more, but I used to. 3D is dead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never watched 3D.

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you a Die Hard 3D Fan, casual, or have you given up on 3D? Be honest, let's see how important 3D is among it's most loyal. A more realistic poll would be out in the general public but we already know most don't view 3D so I'll just post it here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Are you a Die Hard 3D Fan, casual, or have you given up on 3D? Be honest, let's see how important 3D is among it's most loyal. A more realistic poll would be out in the general public but we already know most don't view 3D so I'll just post it here.
Typically I would watch a 3D movie about every 4-6 weeks (basically whenever I bought a new 3D blu ray). But I find since I bought my new LG 3DTV with 3DGO on it I've been streaming a lot more movies and free trailers lately (i.e., almost daily!)

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm so far behind on my (in general) movie watching. Although i do try to put in a disc for 10-20 minutes to enjoy the 3D goodness. Would love to do it more often since my 3D projector purchase. Plus i would skip the 3D release of movies if the steelbook didn't contain the 3D disc. I now find myself skipping the steelbook in favour of the 3D release.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I find myself rewatching movies I don't even like all that much in 3D rather than movies I like far more but with 33% fewer dimensions.

If its a movie I haven't seen in 3D I bend over backwords to watch it that way. There has been one movie that had a US 3D release that I didn't see and me and the GM of the area Family Video has heard it from me on that one for a while.

·
Registered
69 Posts
voted for once a week. Our movie watching is mostly limited to weekends when there is no school/work the next day. We'll watch on average 2 - 3 movies per weekend. Typically at least one of the movies is a 3D. We stream a few, but mostly we watch from our blu-ray collection. We would watch more 3D if there were more 3D releases worth purchasing on blu-ray (I'm looking at you Big Hero 6).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Due to the limited amount of movies in 3D vs. 2D movies, cable programming, network, etc. it does take up a smaller part. However, my daughter just watched Tangled 3D this past week.

Also, the 3D is sweet for demos for friends and family.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have been collecting 3D movies so I have a lot to draw from so I still will watch something in 3D at least once a week. It's getting harder as the blu-ray releases are drying up. I will occasionally rent from the 3D on demand channel of DirecTV but I would rather buy a blu-ray. (Damn you Disney) I feel 3D's next step is VR as the industry has killed 3D TV and I actually enjoy watching 3D projects in the virtual theater on my Samsung Gear VR. If you get a chance check this system out at Best Buy if they are demoing it as this and the Oculus Rift have convinced me that this is the future.

Watching a 3D movie in this amazing virtual theater is better than most "real" theaters. The screen looks HUGE when you are wearing the headset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.