AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Harmony 890; works great by the way. My question is should I wait until battery charge is low before recharging or does it not matter how often it is recharged since it is Li-ion technology. I want to acheive max battery life over short and long term

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sargent /forum/post/15431195

It won't really matter. LiOn batteries have no "memory effect".

Ditto, it's just like a modern cell phone... plug it in whenever.

It's been scientifically researched that Li ion batteries don't like to be run down to zero all the time... the optimal charge for Li ion battery to retain it's capacity for the longest period of time is 40% so you might want to consider charging when it's at one third of full ... but then again, you might not notice much of a difference. The battery will likely last you at least three years with reasonable use.

Note, if you ever find you are having trouble with the Harmony 890 and need to apply pressure to it for charging to commence, call Harmony support so they can replace your charging station as some charging stations were defective over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.