AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly twice a month I will use a microfiber cloth to clean off the dust on my my kuro. How often do you guys clean the screen with distilled water and do you clean the entire screen or just the spots that need it?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious if a nice cleaning with distilled water would result in some "extra clearness"

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvshopper /forum/post/18147276

Why so snarky? Sheesh.

Seriously. I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, if distilled water does not harm the AR filter, than maybe a light wipe down with distilled water would help clear up any residue that a dry cloth cannot get rid of.

·
Registered
885 Posts
All three Kuros had various dust/detritus on them when they came out of the box and required thorough cleaning with a wet microfiber cloth to fully get rid of it. Since then, I wipe with a dry cloth maybe once a month and use a wet cloth to do spot cleaning as needed.

Where they all collect the most dust is the top face of the bottom bezel piece. I use damp Q-Tips to clean that area.

·
Registered
12,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 /forum/post/18147345

Seriously. I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, if distilled water does not harm the AR filter, than maybe a light wipe down with distilled water would help clear up any residue that a dry cloth cannot get rid of.

I used distilled water to clean the screen completely off the first week I owned it. They don't build these tv's in completely sterile enviroments, but on assembly lines. It didn't hurt the screen at all. I haven't used distilled water since as there was no reason to do it. I wipe off the tv with a microfiber cloth every few weeks. You ever notice how much dust you suck up with a vacuum cleaner? Well during the same time period dust will stick to glass (your tv) and all other furniture. And if you do use distilled water, never use a microfiber cloth that was washed in the washing machine. There is always some soap residue on anything washed in a washing machine. That will get transferred to your tv when you clean it with distilled water. I have a clean microfiber cloth that I clean occasionally by soaking with distilled water and then wring out by hand and let dry.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Light dusting pretty much daily. If ya dont let anything build up there will never be a major cleanijng required. I do this with all my gear. Its somewhat of a pain but well worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Anti-reflective TV Armor, which I occasionalyl take off and clean = no dust on the Kuro, minimal cleaning needed. Also, an air cleaner is helpful. Stay away from the ozone ones though. I don't want any chemicals eating my Kuro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.