AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which players are the quietest and which are the loudest?

I have the Phillips (haven't used it yet though; it's still in the box) and am curious how it compares, especially with the PS3. When I play DVDs on my Xbox 360 it is louder than with a normal DVD player ... is the same true of the PS3? (Xbox 360 is incredibly loud when playing games btw)

·
Registered
246 Posts
The PS3 is louder than the Sony and Sammy stand-alone units but is nowhere near the windblower the 360 is especially playing games. I've had each unit 2 feet behind my head when watching movies and I couldn't hear the stand-alone players but I can hear the PS3 during dialog only parts of a movie.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_leak /forum/post/0

The PS3 is louder than the Sony and Sammy stand-alone units but is nowhere near the windblower the 360 is especially playing games. I've had each unit 2 feet behind my head when watching movies and I couldn't hear the stand-alone players but I can hear the PS3 during dialog only parts of a movie.

Weird...my ps3 is not loud at all.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 /forum/post/0

Weird...my ps3 is not loud at all.

Do you sit two feet from it?

Being Bluetooth wireless, you could put it in another room if noise is an issue.

Gary

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I am sitting approx. 14ft. from my PS3, and don't notice the sound during a movie. I do, however, notice it when I turn it off. It's not loud, though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just bought my PS3 over the weekend and was bracing myself for all the noise it supposedly makes. To my surprise I can barely hear it (sitting about 8 ft. away). Is it possible Sony made a software/hardware modification to the second batch to hit the stores?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Actually I am one of the few that thinks the PS3 is a loud device. I can hear it from 12ft away during quiet scenes.

My Sony BDP-S1 is whisper quiet. Can't hear it at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my ps3 doesnt make any sound! its damn quiet

·
Registered
246 Posts
My theatre room is only 12 feet long and my seating is 10 feet from the screen with the PS3 and projector right behind where I sit so thats the only reason I hear it and thats only during very quiet scenes.

In my bedroom where I have another PS3 I sit about 6 feet from the tv and I can't hear it, my 20" iMac makes more noise in sleep mode! I'd say the PS3 is pretty quiet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.