AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a rooftop antenna to get OTA Digital channels, but according to TitanTV I have no signal. (I live at a high elevation (2000ft) mountainous region in N. Los Angeles).

But a few houses down, I see rooftop antennas which are mounted really high (around 40ft above roofs) and I assume that they get OTA channels.

Is it possible that I may get OTA channels?

Please help...

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Try www.antennaweb.org instead, its more detailed and reliable. Enter your address/zipcode and it will give a list of local analog and digital TV channels with a color-coded signal level and antenna pointing direction for each.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Take what you see on TitanTV with a big grain of salt. For my area it has listed TV stations as live with their digital signal when they have no plans

for several months.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smirnoffski
I would like to install a rooftop antenna to get OTA Digital channels, but according to TitanTV I have no signal. (I live at a high elevation (2000ft) mountainous region in N. Los Angeles).

But a few houses down, I see rooftop antennas which are mounted really high (around 40ft above roofs) and I assume that they get OTA channels.

Is it possible that I may get OTA channels?

Please help...
Now this is a really radical idea, but why not ask your neighbors? You know. Knock on the door. Identify yourself. Explain your circumstances and see what they'll tell you. I know, I know. You're in L.A....

It is, however, highly unlikely that people have put up 40-foot towers as lawn ornaments. So *some* reception must be possible. Granted, it may not be good enough for digital reception.

TitanTV has proven overly optimistic for me, listing digital stations that I don't get under all but the most ideal of circumstances. Antennaweb.org, another site, is even worse, listing stations I've received exactly one night out of six months. I'm sure they err the other way, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.