AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a Panny 42ED7UY but need some advice on the best way to mount it. As you can see from the pic below I has a deep space in my living room wall that currently houses my Sony 36XBR. The new Panny will fit with 1/2 on each side. I am not sure about what kind of mount to purchase. I got the consumer version 42PD25 from CC but the amount of work to get it to fit into the space available is not worth it (its about 46" wide vs 40.2 for 7UY) so its going back. I have thought about creating another shelf which the components would sit below and then make a vertical back that I could mount a wall mount to? I would prefer $400 + adjustable mount. I know you folks are great at giving constructive input so thought I would throw it out there for feedback.

Thanks

ifudd

· Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Macgyver24
Why not just use a tabletop stand, then add a shelf above, below or both for center speaker and components?
I agree. You'll want the plasma flush with the outside wall and can gain some shelf space.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing that I was worried about with the table top stand was the fact that if the screen sits flush with the wall the stand will stick out into thin air? unless there is a type of table top stand that doesn't extend forward of the screen?

Thanks for the replies guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.