AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my XG110 ceiling mounted using the NEC factory mount. There is a support beam that runs down the middle of my room and the back of the projector is about 3" from this support pole. I need to get behind the projector to install a RGB input card and I don't think there is currently enough clearance.

If I can remove the 2 small screws from each side of the mount I can pivot the back of the projector down and have enough room to install the card. Has anyone ever done this? I assume the 2 knobs on the side of the mount will support the projector's weight since they are currently doing it. Any input?

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is at your own risk, obviously. But think about it... when you remove those 2 screws from the mount, you can swing it back and forth with your little finger without any force. So these little screws only lock the swing in a certain position and DO NOT support ANY of the projectors weight. So i don't see why you wouldn't want to do this. I have done similar things many times.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Bjoern is right. The two small screws are just there to hold the tilt in place. I have removed them plenty of times and had the projector suspend from the two main bolts no problems.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Off the topic...where is a good place to buy the original Nec mount from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.