AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to access mp3 server info by wall switch???

Anyone have any clues on how to access mp3 server info such as artist, song, playlist, etc. information with any of the available wall switches from various vendors like Russound, Niles, ect. or using USB-UIRT commands to my server.

I have no progamming skills but would like to know how to utilize my windows xp server using something like media center/music lobby or xlobby/winamp configurations. I would like to use an available multisource wall switch without resorting to a pocketpc or tabletpc interface.

I did not want to purchase one the proprietary digital servers that cost 3k and with only marginal disc space. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I saw a product that looks similar to an ipod that mounts on the wall that controls av gear, I think it works with itunes.

You could also mount an ipaq to the wall. That will give you a bunch of options, and if you are good a woodworking it won't look too ghetto.

~Jay

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes it is possible to link your Russound CAV 6.6 to your PC and pass all the information, and get the buttons to work!

You need to use, I think, Media Centre, and the plugin written by Carl. If you post your email, I can send you the file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.