AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having a problem downloading the IR files into the Pansat folder in the Photo directory. The program will only allow me to import jpegs. Could you guys please share how you configured dvarchive to allow you to import those files. Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MaddGamer,

is there any news of when you will post a write-up on the .RID File Format?

May be you could explain how to create a new .RID files. I have a Microyal MRX-100 receiver and would like to make a .rid files for it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am banging my head against my computer and replay trying to get my replays to take the new ir code (2000) for my pansat.

Firstly, I have been using WiRNS and DVArchive for quite some time and have DVArchive 3.1 and WiRNS 1.3.1.11.1.

I have 3 replay units (2x5080 & 1x5160)

This is what I have tried on 2 different replays:

-= Setup 1 =-

1.1. Using DVA created the 'Pansat' directory under 'Photos' (on 2 of my replays)

1.2. Copied these files to above directory.

ircodes.dat

ircodesRaw.dat

S2000fi.rid

1.3. Inserted these lines into 'shellcmds' in my 'C:\\WIRNS' directory.

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/ircodes /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodes

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/ircodesRaw /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodesRaw

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/S2000fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2000fi.rid

1.4. Performed a 'Connect To Replay TV Service' from my Replay TV unit

[2005-04-03 15:01:10] [NTP] Proxying request to ntp-production.replaytv.net

[2005-04-03 15:01:11] [PLUGIN] GetShellCommands initialized.

[2005-04-03 15:01:12] [PLUGIN] GetShellCommands using shellcmds from file.

[2005-04-03 15:01:46] Hijacking headend request, because we serve it locally.

1.5. Did a 10 second power button reset

1.6. NO CODE 2000 :( (I assume it will show in between 1877 & 4476)

-= Setup 2 =-

2.1. Left the files in the 'Pansat' directory under 'Photos'

2.2. Installed WiRNS 1.1.2b and copied 'GetShellCommands.dll' to the 'Plugins' directorys (these were included in the 'replay remote code for pansat 2500a.zip' file)

2.3. Used the included 'shellcmds' and placed it in my 'C:\\WIRNS' directory.

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/ircodes /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodes

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/ircodesRaw /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodesRaw

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/Pansat/S2000fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2000fi.rid

2.4. Changed the Gateway, DNS1 & DNS2 to the new WiRNS server IP.

2.5. Performed a 'Connect To Replay TV Service' from my Replay TV unit

[PLUGIN] GetShellCommands initialized.

[PROXY] URI: ( http://production.replaytv.net/cgi-b...mds.pl?version

=530511440&serial=RTV5080F3TR0999999&cstate=(PauseAds('Delay 'N'1''Enabled'N'1')D

efaultPlayback('CommercialSkipEnabled'N'1')Internet('Interne tEnabled'N'1')))

[PLUGIN] GetShellCommands using shellcmds from file.

[DNS] Spoofing response of 57 bytes

[DNS] Spoofing response of 59 bytes

[DNS] Spoofing response of 59 bytes

[2005-04-04 00:41:22] Updating ReplayGuide information

2.6. Did a 10 second power button reset

2.7. NO CODE 2000 :(

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to request additional details of MaddGamer's (or anyone else's) technique to generate new ReplayTV IR codes. I have extensively researched this topic and turned up very little information anywhere except on AVSforum. I have monitored the two most relevant threads over the last few months in the hope that the necessary details will emerge, but so far that hasn't happened. People are reporting success, but not giving any details. Therefore, I am appealing to the smart folks who appear to have figured this out to lend me a hand.

I've reviewed MaddGamer's procedure to install his Pansat 2500A code onto an RTV. Since I don't have this type of satellite receiver, I can't validate his procedure myself, but it certainly looks like it should work. Of course, I've also had no better luck understanding his .RID file than I have those that are included on the ReplayTV.

I've also reviewed the ReplayTV file IR code file (.RID) format description posted by FlipFlop elswhere on this site. Unfortunately, he only appears to cover deciphering the file format for modification of the .RID files already included on the ReplayTV unit. His post, and those following it, do not delve into how to generate a completely new file.

Based on the discussion within these two threads, it appears to me that new IR blaster codes can be generated for ReplayTV. My goal is to create a new .RID file for a U.S. Digital DB-2010 (Hisense) HDTV STB.

I have already used my UEI URC-8810 remote to capture the IR signals from the US Digital OEM remote. Using this data, I created a new remote code using Ir.exe and Keymap Master, which I then copied back to my 8810 via a homebrew JP1 cable. Hopefully, this homemade code can be modified and used to generate a new RTV IR code .RID file.

My ReplayTV is a 5504, modified to run software version 530510190, allowing me to use CA and IVS. I am using WIRNS and the NoSoftwareUpdate plugin to maintain this configuration. WIRNS provides my guide data (currently for Dish Network). I will eventually use WIRNS for my HDTV guide data if I am able to create a .RID for my STB. I understand the GetShellCommands "move-through-Photo partition technique" so I can use it to place any new or modified files onto my RTV unit. I am also familiar with extract_rtv and can also use it to modify the RTV file system and move or modify files.

So, hopefully, I am well on my way toward my goal. What I am lacking is the information that will help me to translate my Hisense DB-2010 code into a RTV code. If this information is already included in this thread, then I apoligize for wasting everyone's time, but I would appreciate further clarification of the procedure in an easier to understand format. I am not opposed to doing some hex editing, but I need a bit more guidance and some more details.

I appreciate in advance any assistance that anyone could provide. I think a lot of ReplayTV enthusiasts could also benefit from this knowledge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm a little late asking for this fix but I have tried downloading the file mentioned above and cannot access them because they are not currently on the server. Is there a way I can still get them. Also can they be used for a Pansat 3500??

·
Registered
22 Posts
...except that I too have a "newer" Pansat 3500 stb & a model 5080 RTV and

am just missing that link of either..

A) Verification that the IR codes are identical to the Pansat 2500/2700 remotes

- or -

B) How to edit/create my own IR codes into a "ircodes" file as per pansat/picture folder methods.

This thread spans almost 3 YEARS... I actually started this quest becuase of having a 4DTV that Replay never would support a Guide or IR code update for!! :(

..will post if I have success

sxWolf

·
Registered
4 Posts
MaddGamer,

Please tell me, will your file work with all RePlayTV units or just a few?

I thank you for your time and reply! If this will work with a RePlay2003, it will be a new mission of mine to get another 2500A!

I had one, but 'upgraded' to a Viewsat.

I am very new to the RePlayTV world, but please let me caution others that there are many Pansat 2500A CLONES out there and they offer tons of problems with non-compatible files and CPU burnouts after some files cause the CPU to run faster!

I hope the above words will help others because there are lots of posts from others (on other sites) trying to revive crashed and dead 2500A clones. Please be very careful about your Pansat purchases.

Thanks again MaddGamer for your great file!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddGamer
After a bit of work I have created a new IR Blaster file to allow the ReplayTV device to control a Pansat 2500A satellite reciever. Instructions on how to install the files are included as well as some of the supporting programs that you will need.

Hope this helps anyone out.

Also if anyone wants a write up on the formatting of IR Blaster files I might take the time to put something together.

-MaddGamer

·
Registered
912 Posts
You should read through this thread for more codes, an easier way to get the codes onto the replay, and also tools to create new codes:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...01#post7017501

Also, for people wanting to add codes to the 2xxx and 3xxx units, things are starting to come together. The "JP1" tools are being worked on to add support for creating blaster codes for those units, and we have the ability to write these new codes onto the disk image. So, sometime in the near future it should be possible to add codes to those units too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just a note that the replay 5040 will change channels and record from Pansat 2500 with out any problem with out a mod. just pick ir blaster code 0749 and watch tv.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.