AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC and Dilard on Comp 1. Just got MyHD card and hooked to Comp 2. How do I get a test pattern through MyHD to Comp 2 so I can properley set the tracking and phase controles?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tracking and Phase are usually used to get a "pixel perfect" HTPC image on COMPUTER1, but with HDTV it's impossible to have pixel perfection since you're going from 1920x1080 to 1365x768. The best you can do is use the Tracking and Horizontal Position controls to line the image up to have no over/underscan.

Watch the edges of the picture and use the Tracking and Horizontal Position to expand or shrink the image so that it is just touching the edges of your screen. The Phase control will have little or no effect.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by David Panko
Tracking and Phase are usually used to get a "pixel perfect" HTPC image on COMPUTER1, but with HDTV it's impossible to have pixel perfection since you're going from 1920x1080 to 1365x768. The best you can do is use the Tracking and Horizontal Position controls to line the image up to have no over/underscan.

Watch the edges of the picture and use the Tracking and Horizontal Position to expand or shrink the image so that it is just touching the edges of your screen. The Phase control will have little or no effect.

Cheers,

Dave.
I also use an ISCO2 lens at 1360x1024. With the ISCO2's pincushion it is hard to exactly line up. I guess the bottom line is there is no test pattern. Could one be made to a VOB file somehow?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
This was also an issue for the HiPix some time back. Someone created test patterns in .ts format and posted a link to them. I will try to find it, but a search should bring it up.

There were ~10 patterns - each 1 minute long, I think.

[Edit]

Found the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...x+test+pattern

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ramick
This was also an issue for the HiPix some time back. Someone created test patterns in .ts format and posted a link to them. I will try to find it, but a search should bring it up.

There were ~10 patterns - each 1 minute long, I think.

[Edit]

Found the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...x+test+pattern
Thanks for the find. Now how do I download the file?
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinYee
ftp server IP: 206.159.116.14

id = hipix

pw = hipix

upload away!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Use an FTP server - something like WSFTP which is free.

Set up a connection to the above IP using the id (name) and pw (password).

If it doesn't work, resurrect the above thread and ask where you can get the files.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ramick
Use an FTP server - something like WSFTP which is free.

Set up a connection to the above IP using the id (name) and pw (password).

If it doesn't work, resurrect the above thread and ask where you can get the files.
I would like to click on a hyperlink and hit save. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.