AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. I can't seem to get much help on the Klipsch forums in regards to how to do this. I am trying to reassemble my Klipsch RF-3 crossovers on a piece of wood as the original circuit board I accidentally fried.

Here is a picture with the components laid out as they were on the original circuit board.

I also attached the schematic for the crossover.

I really hope you guys can help me out. Really dying to get my speakers back up and running. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, how do I wire them to the drivers and to speaker terminals? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can't afford, nor am I interested in paying someone else to do it. Just need info from those knowledgable on crossovers.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Make sure you measure the lead wires, as noted on the schematic.

[iurl="http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=611737&d=1426730348"]
[/iurl]
Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Was like pulling teeth getting help on the Klipsch forums.

Is this showing how to wire for the ability to bi-amp?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes -- the two sets of inputs are for bi-amping. To use a single amp channel you'd join the two positive inputs together on the amp's positive out, and then do the same for the two negative inputs/amp's negative out.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Surprised they have (2) air coils on the same plane that close together, shouldn't one of those be standing on end?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surprised they have (2) air coils on the same plane that close together, shouldn't one of those be standing on end?
That was my next question. :p

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, that's what I was thinking! Thanks again everyone! :)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I listened to some movie trailers and music on the modded RF-3 ii's....... My god. It's the most amazing sound I've ever heard. There truly was a HUGE HUGE difference. Absolutely worth it. My wife who usually doesn't notice that kinda thing was totally blown away! The highs are SOOOO much smoother now. The bass and midbass is WAY more full and detailed. It brought tears of joy. These do NOT sound like $1000 (MSRP) speakers. These now sound better than many stock RF-7's I've heard (no exaggeration). Upgrade was absolutely worth while. I can't state it enough. Seriously.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm glad you finally got those things back together, and that you are so happy with the result. Did you change any of the values, or just swap old parts for new?

What parts exactly did you replace, everything, or just those Dayton Audio caps and Mills resister?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Was like pulling teeth getting help on the Klipsch forums.

Is this showing how to wire for the ability to bi-amp?
Could it be because Klipsch owners can't read a schematic? :eek: :D
Or maybe people who read schematics don't buy Klipsch? :eek: :D

Yes, if you connect to the upper and lower binding posts, you can remove the jumper and EQ?Amplify seperately.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm glad you finally got those things back together, and that you are so happy with the result. Did you change any of the values, or just swap old parts for new?

What parts exactly did you replace, everything, or just those Dayton Audio caps and Mills resister?
I did away with the original circuit boards and just rebuilt the crossovers on some rigid cardboard with gorilla glue and solder. I kept the solid core and air core inductors, and replaced all capacitors and resistors. I was truly shocked at how much better it sounded. Placing the crossover parts at proper distances from each other also made a huge difference. Cramming all the parts together on that original circuit was causing major cross talk issues.

Reactions: muzz

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Glad it's working out for you Blake.
DIY community does it's best to help, that's why I'm glad I'm a part of it....cuz I always need help! :p:p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could it be because Klipsch owners can't read a schematic? :eek: :D
Or maybe people who read schematics don't buy Klipsch? :eek: :D

Yes, if you connect to the upper and lower binding posts, you can remove the jumper and EQ?Amplify seperately.
Cute Auger...

I never saw any posts asking for help with this and I'm on the Klipsch forums daily. Like most members there, we really try to help with stuff like this as much as we can.

:D

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Cute Auger...

I never saw any posts asking for help with this and I'm on the Klipsch forums daily. Like most members there, we really try to help with stuff like this as much as we can.

:D
:p That took longer than I thought (It's all meant in fun, I used Klipsch RF-83s, RC64, and 4 RS62's to catch up on Shameless last night.);)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts