AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some way to burn the output of MakeMKV to BR disk? While streaming it from the server is fine, now that I have an HD BR player, it seems to make sense to let it do the upconverting to 4K. Several of the original disks have disappeared and the usual suspects deny having them.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
Yes, you just need to have them in the correct file structure then you can use something like imgburn to burn the disk. I believe tsmuxer can output to the correct file structure.
Yes, TSMuxer will input an .MKV and output a BDMV folder structure. However, I've had problems with doing that in the past in that TSMuxer ignored any subtitles in the MKV, hence they were lost.

@OP: If you want to burn to disk to play on a BD player, most modern BD players will read a data disk with MKV files and put up a list to allow you to select a title and play it directly. I have a 6yr old Panasonic BD player that does that so chances are any player you have will do the same. Just use ImgBurn to burn the MKV files to disk. Only problem is any movie encoded with Cinavia will stop playing after 20 min.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts