AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased two leather sofas with built in recliners for my HT that will be delivered Monday.

My question is what care / maintenance is needed for quality leather furniture to keep it in good condition for years of enjoyment?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Keep in mind there are different grades of leather

When we purchased our top-grain leather couch and loveseat, the salesman and literature both instructed to use distilled water for cleaning. That is all we have used for 6 years and it has worked well (2 small kids). The leather is still soft and has not faded at all (dark blue)

Hopefully there are instructions with the furniture for care and maintenence. I would go with whatever the manufacturer recommends.

my .02

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spydrman
Keep in mind there are different grades of leather

When we purchased our top-grain leather couch and loveseat, the salesman and literature both instructed to use distilled water for cleaning. That is all we have used for 6 years and it has worked well (2 small kids). The leather is still soft and has not faded at all (dark blue)

Hopefully there are instructions with the furniture for care and maintenence. I would go with whatever the manufacturer recommends.

my .02
Agreed! The leather on our living room chairs/couch are light-years ahead in quality as compared to what I have in my car. We were also told to use NOTHING on the living room stuff...

Kal

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Home Theatre seating we have at my house is grey and is 15 years old. We do nothing to maintain them and still look as good as new. If it's good quality leather...you shouldn't have a problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.