Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, been lurking for a while.

I have been shopping for a HDTV monitor (50-57"), probably won't purchase for a couple months. When I see a set that looks good in one store it looks bad in another store. I know it's how the store has the set adjusted or the way it looks out of the box. Sometimes I think a store is pushing one brand by tweeking the picture on the other brands to yeild a bad picture. I know people like Michael TLV says very few TV are calibrated in the store. So the question is how does one decide which set looks the best or can be easily adjusted to look great?

I have gone to several other sites to read up on terminology and the DVI thing :mad: So Michael TLV or any other ISF techs that have tweeked several different models here's your chance to steer a videophile newbie in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Well I spent almost a year shopping around for HDTV's, I have read review after review and have seen just about every make and model made.

You do need to calibrate them out of the box, some stores do not do this or re-calibrate after its been on display for awhile. Not to mention shoppers playing with the calibration buttons on remote. So picture may not be the same store to store. Some stores use video prcessors/scalers to enhance image in the store thus some may look awesome on display but not so good at the next store or after you get one home.

Anyway after all my research, I found Pioneer Elite to be my number one pick and I now have the 64 inch 720HD. They also make a 53 and 58 inch.

Here is a link to Pioneers web site:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...020100,00.html

If you want the best I would recomend you find a store that sells them and check them out, I got mine after a little wheeling and dealing for about $2000 less than M.S.R.P listed on their site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to admitt the Pioneer Elite's picture has been the best I have seen, regardless of which store. The price is a bit more than I am willing to spend. I would like to stay in the $2,500 to $3,000 range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.