AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a simple 2 speaker setup for my outside area. I'm really not trying anything super fancy but I would like to take advantage of my zone-2 option on my Denon1611.

So... I'm looking for some outdoor, in-ceiling speakers but not really sure what to look for.

Do the speakers have to be rated for outdoor? It's very humid here so do I look for something proven against humidity?

Also, can I get something that sounds good for under 100 bucks? I don't want to spend too much.

I recently got some Klipsch bookshelfs that I like... but I imagine when you switch to outside speakers it's a whole new ballgame... so I don't even know what brands to focus on. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
There really its no outdoor in ceiling speakers, chose something fairly cheap a you will probably be replacing them in the near future if its as humid as you say.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/20888121

You can find some made for bathrooms and other moist areas. Also, look at marine speakers which are weather resistant.

Marine... that's probably a good suggestion! It's very humid here and I bet normal speakers would get... baked and soiled lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.