AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
700 Posts
Maybe one of those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser rub things?

· Registered
334 Posts
Bet your glad it's blackout cloth and not a Stewart Firehawk or Vutec Silverstar! :)

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's one of the reasons I would never get one of those. What are Mr. Clean Magic Eraser rub things? I can't believe that nobody has run across this problem before, come on folks!

· Registered
3,161 Posts
I need an answer as well, I used the cloth side and when I was remounting my screen about 6 months ago, I accidently slid my hand down onto the cloth instead of keeping it on the border and it got a small dirt smudge. It's only visible with the lights on, but I know it's there.

· Registered
724 Posts
There's another thread on this going in the

· Registered
333 Posts
Don't use one of those green potscrubbers either. I tried to clean a stubborn smudge and ended up with a small hole. Right now some white label tape is covering the hole, and if I ever get another day off, I'll have to tack up a new screen.

Oh well- $12 tops. If I'd spent $1000 on a fancy pre-made screen, I'd be crying right now.

· Registered
448 Posts
use dry clean fluid, this is what was on the lable on the roll.

· Registered
333 Posts
I think I just found a solution for uncleanable spots-- cheap flat-white spray paint. I just sprayed some over the ruined spot, and when dried, the painted spot id almost indistinguishable from the rest of the screen. It's a good temporary patch anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.