AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I just picked up a pair of NHT mains that have built in passive subs. To drive these speakers I will be Bi-amping them, I will use my H/k AVR-525 to drive the high frequencies and another amp (possibly a H/K PA-2000) to drive the low frequencies, the amp will be hooked up the the right and left preouts of my receiver. The problem is that I will using them to replace my existing subs, however I still want to keep my bass shakers which require a line level LFE signal. My idea is to combined the right and left signals and pass them though a passive crossover. The problem is that I need to combined my right and left channels in out part of the system while keeping them separate in another. I noticed that the PA-2000 has an line level output, does anyone know if this is an isolated one, so if I where to put a y-cable there I would not be interfering with the signal in the rest of the system.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Try a 10K ohm in each channel, and tie the other ends together to form a simple summing circuit to make your new, mono feed. You can do this with three RCA cords and some heat-shrink tubing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.