AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a way to take an entire show or movie's worth of HiPix files and combine thme into a single *.ts file. This is for exporting to DVHS as outlined in the HDTV Recorders Forum.

Two ways were discussed and both work but there are some issues.

Member Lesak1 suggested using simple DOS commands to combine the files. As a die hard DOS fan myself, I like it. But it's too cumbersom for a 1 hour show or two hour movie. Remember the HiPix makes a file per minute of run time.

Member Jamoka uses DVDCUTTER. A freeware program that can combine MPEG streams into one file. This also works very well except that if you use Windows "Shift LefT Click" to select all the files, DVDCUTTER does not import them in sequential order even though the are listed that way. My guess is that it loads based on FAT and not alpha/numeric name order.

Any other ideas???

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not one that will help you with existing files, but you can change the HiPix default of 1 minute files to something larger.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Glimmie,

I'm not sure if I understand the problem. If you use JPELL's Dstream app, it will send each file sequentially to you D-VHS unit. It is not necessary to have everything in one file.

Regards, Peter

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have yet to find the registry setting for how to adjust file size. Nobody seems to know where it is for the new versions on windows2000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.