AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dish 6000 how do I hook up my JVC 3500u S-video vcr so I can record satellite channels? Do I have to use the composite connections? Right now I have the s-vid connection from theDish running to the Lex MC-1. The component cables is connected directly to the Tw40X81. Detailed instructions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
632 Posts
If the S-Video output on the 6000 is used and you can't get a S-Video splitter you can use the composite output of the 6000 to the VCR. Sort of lose the benefits of the S-Video VCR, but it will work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your MC-1 should have an s-video + RCA audio record output that you could connect to the inputs on the SVHS. The SVHS outs could go back to the MC-1 and its Monitor out to the input 2 on the TV. This is assuming that your E*6000 puts out component and s-vid simultaneously. You might have to pull out the MC-1 manual for this one, but it can be done. I wish I had your rig so I could play around with it myself :D

good luck

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Oops I was thinking composite not component

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Sorry to throw cold water dudes, but the 6000 does HDTV OR NTSC downconvert - not both at once, like you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.