AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi HC3 projector with one component, one composite and one s-video inputs. Since I watch more DVD than HDTV, should I connect the DVD to the component and the HDTV cable box to the S-video? My HDTV cable box arrives next week and I need to know which cables will I need to install it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You ban buy a component switch box that will allow you to connect everything to the projector. I've seen them at wall mart for as low as 20 bucks.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Many projectors only have on component input, if you can use a component switch to switch between component on your hd box to component on your dvd player. Many newer receivers nowadays can also do component switching. But if you had to choose one, HDTV can only be sent over component, dvi, and hdmi. So if you want to have HDTV, you have to use component with your projector (unless it also has dvi/hdmi).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Use component for everything you can. You can buy a component video switch box that will handle all your high resolution sources. I've seen them at walmart for 20 bucks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. How about using a Y splitter and on the RGB component cables? On one end connected to the projector and in the other the DVD and HDTV box. Would I damage something if, by accident, both the box and the dvd feed the projector at the same time?

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Quote:
How about using a Y splitter and on the RGB component cables?
No, you'd be double terminating the source...use a switch.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
There's a vga input on your projector, you may be able to use a component to vga adapter, but you may need to see if it will work with your projector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.