AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about giving up on my CRT projector project and getting a HP XB31 projector instead. I've already installed my ceiling mount and a very long cable (about 75') to my source area. At the source the cable is connected to a DVDO iScan Pro line doubler (but it could be connected in to a QuadScan instead) and at the projector mount it terminates in 5 BNC connectors. I've looked over all the HP docs and I can't figure out the best way to connect the projector to the BNCs. I don't plan on using a HTPC - instead I'll run all my sources (LaserDisc, DVD, and ReplayTV) through the line doubler, then send that signal through the long cable to the projector. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
81 Posts
All component signal enters the xb31 via an M1-DA port. I'm no expert at all, but it appears this is a bit of a non-standard connector. I have an xb31 and I plan to connect using a VGA cable out of my VB50( there is a VGA to M1 cable included with the pj). Another option is to buy a Component video (3 rca) to M1 cable - I'm sorry I don't know how that would best hook to your setup, but those are available in 1.8 meter lengths. I have not heard of a BNC to M1 cable, but they may be out there or could be custom made.

I realize I have not helped you much, but I really like my '31 and hope it's worth it to you to try to make it work. The results are fantastic!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think, after visiting the Silicon Image website to read more about my iScan Pro scaler, that I've figured out the answer to my question. The iScan Pro has switchable RGBHV and Component output. I think if I switch it from RGBHV to Component, then get the right BNC -> RCA converters at the other end, I'll be able to connect it to a M1-Component cable, which is readily available for the XB31. Can anyone confirm this hunch? I'd like to get this sorted out before I actually make my purchase!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
While I can't confirm that it would work,your method certainly sounds logical.Hopefully someone with a similar configuration will answer soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes, that sure sounds like it will work. There is a 1.8m cable that has 3 rca jacks on one end and the M1 on the other. If you can switch your scaler to component and find an adapter to convert 5bnc to 3rca then it should work.

Huey posted several sources for the M1 > component cable. Search for a thread called "HP xb31 - Got Mine!" and i'm pretty sure the info is in there. These cables arn't exactly cheap - in the neighborhood of $60, but they are out there directly from HP or thru third party companies such as PC Nation, PC Connection...

Good luck and let us know how it works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.