Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking forward to recieve my Pioneer DV-565, but I have a little problem. I'm not sure witch cable I should use to get the maximum performance out of the DVD-A and SACD potential og the DV-565. I have 3 choices. Optical, coaxial and 5.1 Ch phono. I don't want to spend more than 80$ on it, so what is the better choice? A mid/good optical/coaxial solution, or 5 bad/mid phono's, costing about 15$ each?

Btw. the reciever is an Yamaha RX-V620RDS.

Please help:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got mine at Radio Shack locally. Do you have that in Denmark? Alternatively, you can use any 2 component video cables, or 3 stereo RCA cables. You can find them at any electronics store.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm new to DVD-Audio and have heard you can only use analog outputs to get the signal sent out, how is it my Denon 1600 manual makes no mention whatsoever of having to use analog outputs for DVD-A? Why would there not be a digital output for a format that is supposed to be superior quality wise?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The hi-rez audio cannont pass over the digital link due to copy protection. You can get the DD or DTS audio from the same disk to be passed digitally, but not the true DVD-audio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.