AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung LN-T4661F TV. It has two HDMI connections in the back. In my previous setup, both HDMI connections were being used to connect my components (cable box, blu-ray, and receiver). I still have these same components, but now somehow, everything is running off of one HDMI connection.

The HDMI in connection in the back of the TV is available for connecting my computer. According to the TV manual, it states that I need a D-Sub cable and a PC audio cable. It also mentions that I can use an HDMI cable.

So, for watching cable TV, the TV is on HDMI 1 and the HDMI cable goes from the HDMI in 2 connection in the back to the cable HDMI connection on the receiver. When I connect the PC, it runs off HDMI 2. The audio is still coming from the PC speakers.

I'd like to have the sound come through the receiver. Is there a way to do this? What input would the receiver need to be on?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2367 /forum/post/20887242

How to connect PC to computer

Uh? This thread is not starting well.

Quote:
The HDMI in connection in the back of the TV is available for connecting my computer. According to the TV manual, it states that I need a D-Sub cable and a PC audio cable. It also mentions that I can use an HDMI cable.

The manual should state more clearly, you have 2 options:

1. Through a D-Sub cable (also known as VGA), and a separate audio cable.

OR

2. An HDMI connection which carries both video and audio in 1 cable.

Quote:
So, for watching cable TV, the TV is on HDMI 1 and the HDMI cable goes from the HDMI in 2 connection in the back to the cable HDMI connection on the receiver. When I connect the PC, it runs off HDMI 1. The audio is still coming from the PC speakers.

First you said Cable TV is on HDMI-1, THEN you say PC runs off HDMI-1. CONFUSING!

Wanna draw a picture or a text diagram?

Two schools of connection types:

1. SWITCH EVERYTHING VIA RECEIVER: BR player, PC, STB goes into receiver, THEN one single HDMI Output to the TV.

2. RECEIVER NOT THE SWITCHER: In which case you better have enough TV HDMI inputs for all of your connections AND pipe audio from TV to RECEIVER via standard RCA connections or Optical.

Which school are you, do you want to be?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I apparently was typing this too fast and didn't look at it before I submitted it.

The title of this thread obviously should be How to connect PC to TV.

I edited my original post to clarify that the STB is on HDMI 1 and when the PC is connected, it's on HDMI 2.

The receiver is doing all the switching for the devices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.