AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to home theater systems. I already placed ordered for speakers and sub. I am placing order for cables. I don't know which cables are required to connect the sealed F15 subwoofer to Marantz SR5007.

I will have a 5.1 setup. I will be connect my AVR to my PC using analog input as well as TOSLINK. I will switch between them depending on application.

How do I connect the AVR to the sub? I was thinking pre out SW1 should be connected. But the sub back panel shows lots of inputs that have both L&R and some outputs. There is no single sub in.

Pics below.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
According to the Quick Guide (PDF) for the PEQ3 amp that's included with the sealed subs (including the F15):
Quote:
Line Level inputs

. . . For sub output from HT receiver/processor, one can use either of the two (R+L) line level inputs with AVR/12* LOW PASS switch ...

(*On the newer amps, this appears to be labelled "EXT/12".)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was searching in amazon for cables. When I searched for subwoofer cables I found a long RCA cable with a Y splitter. I was confused because of the multiple inputs and outputs on the subwoofer. I guess I need to connect the subwoofer cable to SW1 and then to the Y cable which goes into L&R in of the subwoofer. Such complexity should have been replaced by one cable that goes into Subwoofer IN.

With your post I was able to figure out what goes where. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts

Quote:
... I guess I need to connect the subwoofer cable to SW1 and then to the Y cable which goes into L&R in of the subwoofer.
FYI, I updated my previous post - because I found the Quick Guide on Rythmik's website - to reflect the fact that you only need to connect to the L or the R input.

BTW, congrats on the new sub!
I'm curious to read your thoughts on it. (I almost ended up with dual F15s a couple of years ago.)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The left and Right inputs on the sub, allows the 2 channel crowd to connect the Left and Right pre-out to the subs Left and Right inputs of the subwoofer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdithyaG  /t/1469178/how-to-connect-rhythmic-subwoofer-f15-to-marantz-avr#post_23226731

Such complexity should have been replaced by one cable that goes into Subwoofer IN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.