AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a simple question...I'm sure there are a lot of people that have similar equipment and similar set ups. I just want to make sure I know what to do before making any purchases.

I currently have a Mits HDTV (with 1 DTV input for 1080i / 480p / 480i, 2 Component Video inputs for 480p / 480i, and 3 Composite / S-Video inputs), the SR-HD5 STB, an AV receiver that does NOT have Component Video in/out, a basic DVD player, and an XBox (with the HD connection kit). I have the STB connected to the DTV input, the XBox connected to one of the TV's Component inputs, and the DVD player connected to one of the TV's S-Video inputs.

I'm looking to get a new AV receiver and a Progressive Scan DVD player. Most of the AV receivers in the price range I'm looking ($500-$1000) offer Component Video switching (2 IN, 1 OUT). The manuals for the AV receivers all seem to say that you should connect a HD STB to one of the Component Video INs, a Progressive Scan DVD player to the other, and connect the Component Video OUT to the HDTV.

I was thinking that I'd need to connect the STB to one of the Component Video INs on the AV receiver, and connect the XBox to the other Component Video IN (since those are the 2 pieces of equipment that can pass 480p or higher to the TV). I'd then connect the DVD player directly to one of the Component Video Inputs on the TV (since that input can handle the 480p that the DVD player sends out). Is that right?

Is that how others with a STB / XBox / Progressive Scan DVD player have everything connected?

Thanks!!

Marc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.