AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simple Russound CAS44 that is working great for me. When I picked this up I noted that you could add additional CAS44 units and link them together. I would assume that this would get me an 8 zone system (4 sources which is more than enough).

How exactly do you connect two of these together?

Expandable daisy-chain two controllers* for eight zones and three keypads per zone** (meh, who cares about this part?) for larger home installations.

Looking through the product manual on this page, it doesn't really show how you do it: http://www.russound.com/product_detail.php?i=616

Am I missing something simple / obvious?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sheese, never mind. Zipped through the PDF too quickly:

Linking Two Controllers Two CAS44 controllers can be linked together for a system that supports eight zones and four sources. This setup requires two dual emitters, one IR link cable and eight keypads(KP4 or KPL). Establish four zones for the first controller and four zones for the second controller (keypads and speakers). Connect the audio from the sources (up to four) to the two controllers. The audio must be split using RCA “Y” adapters or line level distribution amplifiers to connect to both controllers.

Connect one end of the IR link cable to the first controller’s Common IR Out jack and the cable’s other end to the second controller’s Common IR Out jack. Connect a dual emitter to each of the remaining Common IR Out jacks on both controllers. Affix these emitters to the sources.

Refer to the diagram at right for connections.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does appear that one thing that might be missing in this scenario would be the ability to turn off all 8 zones by holding down the power button on one of the keypads... which would mean that this would essentially just be two pretty separate 4-zone systems. I use that feature quite a bit, too...

Oh well, budget system I guess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts