AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Logitech Harmony One's battery seems to be going down the drain, so I was thinking about dropping remote's all together and start to use our iPhone's and iPad's instead!

But how does one actually replace ones remote's with an iOS device? I've been looking at solutions like the Logitech Harmony Link, but it's not being sold outside the US and it's feedback have been underwhelming. It there some other way, or some other device I could buy in order to get my iOS devices to replace our IrDA remote's?

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
Technically, remotes aren't IrDA, they're Consumer IR, but I get your point. I personally hate iOS remotes for many reasons, but, if that's what you want, check out iRule. The Link is a disaster. The new Harmony Ultimate has a lot of promise though, if you can wait a few weeks. Personally, I'd spring for a $10 replacement battery.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in contact with Logitech regarding the battery, as we've got 5-year reclamation (aka extended warranty enforced by Norwegian law) even though it's not covering batteries for more than about 2-years they seem to be positive and might actually send me a Logitech Harmony Ultimate as replacement.

EDIT:

I still think iOS remote's sounds awesome. Like most people I hate to loose the tactile dedicated buttons, especially for things like adjust volume etc.. But the same time an iPad is laying available around the living room 90% of the time, and we've got our iPhone's available in our pockets 99,99% of the time and they are always charged and ready to go so it seems like the most logical step if you ask me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.