AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple close friends that I have always played the big blockbuster 360 games online together for the past 2 years (mainly GOW and Halo). We all picked up GOW2 and quickly got frustrated with the multiplayer for obvious reasons. I ended up getting into L4D while they remain playing private matches against bots or horde in GOW2 because they only care to play coop games.

I have tried many times to convince these guys that they would love L4D because it's all about coop, but they don't seem interested. One of these friends has actually played L4D at my house for about 15-20mins before he decided he didn't like it. He was mainly frustrated because we had to rely on other teammates who did not have mics at the time. I have tried to explain to him that this is actually quite rare once you build up a solid friends list of people who actively play L4D.

With all of that said, none of them are interested and I'm ok with that. I'm having a blast without them, but I really do feel like THEY are missing out by not getting into this game when it has exactly what they are looking for (including less little kids talking smack like on halo and gears).

All suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Go out and buy them the game.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad thing is, I got them all Orange Box for Xmas because it was cheap and none of them have even removed the shrink wrap. I'm not willing to invest $150+ in seeing if that works, but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology /forum/post/15460487

I have a couple close friends that I have always played the big blockbuster 360 games online together for the past 2 years (mainly GOW and Halo). We all picked up GOW2 and quickly got frustrated with the multiplayer for obvious reasons. I ended up getting into L4D while they remain playing private matches against bots or horde in GOW2 because they only care to play coop games.

I have tried many times to convince these guys that they would love L4D because it's all about coop, but they don't seem interested. One of these friends has actually played L4D at my house for about 15-20mins before he decided he didn't like it. He was mainly frustrated because we had to rely on other teammates who did not have mics at the time. I have tried to explain to him that this is actually quite rare once you build up a solid friends list of people who actively play L4D.

With all of that said, none of them are interested and I'm ok with that. I'm having a blast without them, but I really do feel like THEY are missing out by not getting into this game when it has exactly what they are looking for (including less little kids talking smack like on halo and gears).

All suggestions are welcome.

Make some new friends...add me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll play with you if you send me a copy.

I have it for the PC already and can't really afford to buy it for my 360.

xbl - FormulaZR1

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology /forum/post/15460671

Sad thing is, I got them all Orange Box for Xmas because it was cheap and none of them have even removed the shrink wrap. I'm not willing to invest $150+ in seeing if that works, but thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, no offense but you have some dumb friends. That was not a triumph.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology /forum/post/15460671

If your friends don't know the value of a Valve game then you need new friends!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Have them rent it and play some versus/campaign together?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/15479393

So the online community is pretty mature for L4D?

It definately was pre-Christmas. I am slowly noticing more and more kids and of course there are still d-bags, but overall it's easy to find people who are intrested in working efficiently as a team and are willing to communicate.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm always up for some L4D GOW Halo3 or whatever just send me an invite sometime

GT: WTX Deathride

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.