AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a Nvidia N6200 card with DVI output to send a signal to a JVC 72p DILA set using a DVI to HDMI adapter.

The video card drivers (not sure what release of the Forceware drivers but most likely the one before the 93.71 release) detect the JVC set as a HDTV. I have the Windows desktop set to 1280x720 to match the native res of the TV which is 1366x720.

This all works fine. I then go into the Forceware panel to adjust for overscan and click correct for overscan. Up till now the Windows desktop is severaly overscanned so that only half of the Windows task area is visible. After clicking the automatic adjust for overscan, the Windows desktop is reduced (the desktop resolution changes to something like 1144x688) but it's still cut off. So I can't actually click the X button in a Window to close it. Choosing custom overscan settings brings up a Nvidia screen with two slider bars that allow me to adjust width and height. But no matter how much I slide them, the image won't adjust in size.

I tried also using Powerstrip but for some reason, Powerstrip doesn't work over the HDMI connection. So no matter what custom desktop I design, the desktop size remains the same.

Just wonder if anybody else had a similar issue with a Nvidia card with Forceware drivers trying to resize a desktop to fit a TV over HDMI

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind - I solved it. It was weird combination of making sure I had the TV selected as the primary monitor and the VGA device as the secondary. Works fine now without the need for PowerStrip and I can also use the Nvidia control panel to adjust the colors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.