AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When stapling down or nailing/screwing down GO or equivalent to the front wall, how do you cover up the staples, etc so they can't be seen? Do you staple across all the supporting wood, or just staple in the top/bottom and sides of the wall?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You either build frames and staple the fabric to the backside of the frame, or you face staple it to firing strips and cover the staples with decorative molding.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,560 Posts
Another trick in the GOM attachment handbook is to attach one edge of the GOM to a loose furring strip then fasten it to the wall hiding the staples. Works for one edge but if you are doing a wall you can use this technique to have vertical seams without using molding to hide the staples.

So when you go this route when you reach the other side staple to the side of the furring then butt the next furring up tight to the first.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Both good suggestions and usually a combination of techniques will work best. Let me add a third suggestion, Track. I used over 15,000 staples in my theater but on the front wall, I used the hidden firring strip for one edge and then ran track down the other edges. Track was really a pleasure to use and wasn't that expensive since I only used it on the front wall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.