Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 1

Ok I have the Onkyo 770 from a couple years back, got it at CC. I also bought thier 3 year protection plan. I want to wait this year to see if they may add HDMI to the Onkyo 800 (well its the 790 now).

My question is this. How can I damage this system to make it appear to be broken my "natural circumstance"...lol.

Part 2

Which is better. A downward sub or front fire.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm in agreement on the moral issue of what you want to happen, but really you could rap the recvr in a towel and leave it running causing it to overheat (burnout). But you may also risk a fire, which could cause alot more damage to the surrounding area possibly burning down your household. So I don't recommend that. I can sudgest saving you money and when the time comes just replace the recvr with one that fills your needs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Like you are all on the high road to God!

I think Onkyo will add the HDMI port to the next one. Thanks Leftey, I'm thinking more like clipping a transitster on the inside, or blowing one of the speakers.

Thats why you pay a little extra for the warranty, its not just for them to make more money off you. Lets end that discussion there.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I don't think CC will replace it with an upgraded model. Their obligation is to restore the one you have, not with the newest, assuming they don't find out about what you're trying to pull. Unless there is something in the service contract that states they'll replace a 770 with whatever is current, they'll probably just repair it and send it back to you.

Now I could be wrong, but in my experience brick and mortar stores tend to try to repair the original unit.

I'm not saying a word about what you're trying to pull.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchill /forum/post/0

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Like you are all on the high road to God!

I think Onkyo will add the HDMI port to the next one. Thanks Leftey, I'm thinking more like clipping a transitster on the inside, or blowing one of the speakers.

Thats why you pay a little extra for the warranty, its not just for them to make more money off you. Lets end that discussion there.

I don't think we're on the high road to anything. But what you're talking about is fraud. The waranty is an insurance policy against manufacturer defect or problems within the waranty period. Just like most other industries out there give you. We all love to find a awesome legit deal and look for the best bang for the buck, that's why we're here.

I don't see why you just don't ebay the receiver and get the one you want. You shouldn't loose that much on the resale and its alot less hassle and also legit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kchill,

I agree with Jakeman02. Instead of frauding Circuit City why don't you ebay the receiver and be done with it? The whole point of these forums are to become educated on what is available, good deals, setups, etc and not what methods can I use to fraud a way into another receiver.

If you don't wish to contribute to a great forum then please don't take away from it by asking how you can fraud Circuit City.

·
Registered
47 Posts
no offense man but are you retarded?

past all the ethical concerns - you're posting on how to commit fraud on a public forum? Where you can be easily tracked by email address and IP in the event that you actually commit the act?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supark /forum/post/0

no offense man but are you retarded?

past all the ethical concerns - you're posting on how to commit fraud on a public forum? Where you can be easily tracked by email address and IP in the event that you actually commit the act?

i doubt that this would actually happen, but a good point nonetheless. i've seen a lot of dumb topics posted here this past year, but this one takes the cake.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster /forum/post/0

Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of my 15 yr pickup truck. I've got full insurance on it

burn it.....I know people who have and you do too.

Geez if you don't like the post, walk away...easy to do. Folks kill me with statements. lol. Even more funny is how people gang up. This was a simple question, or do you who respond negatively reply to everything?

I know ethics,I'm liberal on something and conservative on others. Boy but this was a simple question, you could have told how things went wrong with other units and left it at that. Instead you attack, you need to look at yourself and ask why are you outraged at a post on the internet that mean nothing to you. When you find that answer internalize it like you did my intial post!

Funny but strange folks are out there, including me! Lol its all fun folks, lighten up, have a coke and a smile.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchill /forum/post/0

This was a simple question, or do you who respond negatively reply to everything?

I know ethics.....

you need to look at yourself and ask why are you outraged at a post on the internet that mean nothing to you. When you find that answer internalize it like you did my intial post!

When it's a question invloving theft and fraud in which one is trying to get something for nothing and most of us are out there everyday working our azzes off trying to earn an honest buck so we can have some of the things we want and need legitimately, "YES".

Knowing and practicing are two different things.

I'm not outragged, it's just morally and ethically wrong and wheather you want to internalize this or not, what you do, your actions, doesn't effect only you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jakeman02,

You have summed up some great thoughts that I strongly share. It is truly a shame that some people don't understand right or wrong nor do they value the rewards that come with hard work. Instead they look for ways to cheat a system so that they can take an easy way out. Equally frightening is when they try to justify their wrong doings and pull the victim card when decent people try to call them out on their actions.

Kchill,

Its obvious you DON'T know anything about ethics so I did some research for you on dictionary.com.

eth·ics /ˈɛθɪks/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eth-iks] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

-plural noun 1. (used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.

2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.

3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.

4. (usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

Did you happen to notice #4 on the definition? Notice how it DOES NOT illustrate an example like "Bill's understanding of ethics allowed him to be comfortable with committing fraud the local electronics store"

It is your choice. Do the "right thing" or do the "wrong thing" but please spare us all on the questions you ask about how to beat the system.

Don't bother replying back to me because I'm not going to waste another reply on you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.