AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of possibly going with the LG HU810P projector and a 120" screen.

Room is not a bat cave, just a basement family room. Can get fairly dark being a basement with windows well away from this room, but I want to be able to get a decent picture with dimmed pot lights on, at least the ones on the sides, so won't always be lights out except for critical movie viewing.

Can't paint the ceilings due to WAF, maybe can paint the bulkhead (12" or so) grey like the walls if that makes a difference.

Will eventually put a carpet.

Also understand this PJ is prone to sparkles with many ALR screens, and the ceiling likely won't help from what I'm reading.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to pick a screen, gain, etc. Being in Canada the options are a bit more limited, especially if I want to keep the screen under $3k.

Thoughts? Blacks are important though I know the ceiling in particular is probably the biggest issue.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking of going with an ALR screen since I am sure a lot of viewing will be be lights on.

A local screen the Elunevision Aurora 4k ALR nanoscreen has a 1.3 gain on it.

Short of trying to see if they will send samples, is there anyway to guestimate what a 1.3 gain ALR screen would be like in this environment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts