AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me out with a rather annoying problem that I'm having with my Logitech Harmony 628. Basically what I think I need to do is find a way to delay the input changes so that the device has time to perform the HDMI handshake before switching to the active input. For example, if everything is turned off and I hit "Watch TV" (HDMI1) everyting works great. The same works for "Watch a Movie" (HDMI2). However, if I decide I want to "Watch a Movie" when "Watch TV" was already been initiated the TV won't switch inputs because the HDMI handshake hasn't been completed when the signal was sent to the TV to switch inputs. This results in having to push help and manually switch the input to HDMI2 everytime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Review both activities -> I want to add more control ...

After a few pages, you'll get the Custom Actions page. Set a delay in the TV device in When the activity ends.

The con is that the delay will be there too when switching from hdmi activities to non-hdmi activities, including Power Off

·
Registered
743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 /forum/post/15421968

Hopefully someone can help me out with a rather annoying problem that I'm having with my Logitech Harmony 628. Basically what I think I need to do is find a way to delay the input changes so that the device has time to perform the HDMI handshake before switching to the active input. For example, if everything is turned off and I hit "Watch TV" (HDMI1) everyting works great. The same works for "Watch a Movie" (HDMI2). However, if I decide I want to "Watch a Movie" when "Watch TV" was already been initiated the TV won't switch inputs because the HDMI handshake hasn't been completed when the signal was sent to the TV to switch inputs. This results in having to push help and manually switch the input to HDMI2 everytime.

Instead of using the Help button, try selecting "Watch a Movie" again. If HDMI2 is a discrete code, it should send it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.