AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an old Jamo centre speaker (Jamo "CENTER 50") that needs repairing (one of the cones isn't outputting any sound). I'm trying to dismantle it but it doesn't want to come apart. I'm removed all the visible screws (four at the back and the two at the side) but the front won't come off.

If anyone's taken one of these apart and can offer any tips I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I worked out how to get it apart

There are two strips of soft glue holding the front on (about 2 inches of the stuff along the top and 2 inches along the bottom). If you pull the front from the back to separate the two halves they eventually come apart (very very very slowly!). Eventually they come apart far enough to cut the glue with scissors and then they're completely separate. To open the gap I had to pull one end apart and then insert a thin lever in the gap. After a minute or two they started to come further apart until there was enough of a gap to reveal the strip of glue which could then be cut.

As a bonus when I re-assembled the unit the glue re-bonded (not bad for a 15 year old speaker!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.