Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a standard Digital Video Projector for this forum, a Mitsu X80U.

I want to display HD with it in progressive format.

I can only get Satellite and apparently DirecTV is the best with 3 Channels (HDNet ShowtimeHD and HBOHD). The DirecTV comes with a Hughes E86 HDTV receiver.

It seems obvious that we want this in progressive scan format.

So do I get a NVIDIA Geforce4 TI 4400 card and route the video through that ?

This seems to me a very important issue that I have not seen answered here. Or do I buy a line doubler and route the signal from the E86 to a middle device which can deinterlace ?

Alex

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
A Faroudja DVP5000 is about the only thing that will line double 1080i input. That's probably a little out of your range :)

Most people simply deal with it, as it still looks damn nice.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I thought I would post under this thread instead of starting a new one.

After the question concerning the Geforce 4 card, I checked the nVidia site for more explanation and found a graphic showing a DTV Receiver card transferring the signal through the PCI slot into the AGP slot and using software for decoding purposes. I'm really wanting to receive HD on my current setup through a rooftop antenna just b/c it's free. I know the picture quality is excellent, but as long as it's as clear as my DVD I don't care for anything better.

I don't like the jumper idea and the switching over of video cards like I've been reading about for the Hipix & MyHD. I just want one VGA connection directly to my Projector with out a jumper between them. Is this possible with the Geforce4? If so, then what DTV card should I use?

Thanks,

Neuner

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The MyHD has an internal VIP port for supposed pass-through. I am not sure how well it works though, you might want to try reading about it.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Just as we finally get something that can use the VIP Port, the video card companies stop including them on their cards.

Is this frustrating or what?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does this mean I can connect a (satellite) HD STB to the VIP on the HIPIX or the other Decoder Card ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.