AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a matching subowoofer to my Mirage OM speakers...

it is a powered BPS 150i sub..

But i can't setup my computer to send a second stereo signal on one of the other inputs of my sound card ( waveterminal 192 )

how can i setup my sound card to play the exact same stereo channels on the 3-4 connectors at the same time as on the regular 1-2 outputs?

my sub as an integrated crossover so i can use complete range signals with it!

anyone has successfully setup a 2.1 system from their computer?

the other thing that troubles me is if there is any way to make a DVD play in real 2.1 format, as to say that all the sounds will go on front main speakers but the lfe will still go on the sub only with the right bass ?

i really need to make this work!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
common people ? no one has this setup ?

don't tell me that you all have incredible full surround setups?? ( rich bboys :p ahah )

anyone else is using a waveterminal card at least ?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
As Cliff posted, this is what the Bass Management in the Delta cards many use are for.

But if your card has multiple channels and channel number 4 is your subwoofer, where should be no problem getting the LFE to your subwoofer.

Then you setup the SoftDVD player for 5.1 (or if it supports it, 2.1, NVDVD does). But then you have a problem with the center channel which needs rerouting to the front channels. Luckily there's an option in the M Audio control panel for that as well. :)

But with your Waveterminal card I believe NVDVD should be something to try. Download the trial at www.nvidia.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jim have you tried going out through the preview outputs. Both send the exact same downmized stereo signal. I don't have a setup like yours, I do have a pair of studio monitors hooked up to the second preview out.

Since your sub will handle the crossover, all you need is a trs to stereo rca connection cable. From the Waveterminal control panel, make sure the orange mix button is active. When that is active, sound on all channels are sent out to the preview outputs, even if you have amp/speakers,,whatever connected to the 8 other analog outs. That should give you what you want.

Joe C.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't really care about bass management and LFE channel because i use my system more for music than dvd..so a full out of stereo signals is better suited since my sub as an xover in stereo and phase,delay,input db controls and such :)

jcarney42: thanks for the tips :)

but do you mean that i have to put the " MONITOR AND HP" button ON ?

i'll try that right now :)

if that works..then i'll be all set for any applications that i'll be using :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've tried without any success..

if you are talking about the monitor button, when i turn it on i only get signals from the 1-2 on the monitor screen, but it also sends the signal to the headphone amplifier wich outputs in 5-6

still nothing on 3-4 and i don't wanna use the headphone amp with the sub as twice ampified sound with mismatch of impedance will hurt quality quite a bit ..

( and that's not why i got a good DAC for :p )

so if you know any way to make the 3-4 channel play the same as the 1-2 let me know please!! :)

thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nobody here got any clues on how to make my card play the same signal on 2 outputs??

c'mon!! i know that alot of you guys have this kind of card with some experience!

i've asked ego sys..but their email support is soo dam slow! ( sucks )

:p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't konw..

that's not really convenient..plus it won't help with the signal quality

and then i'm already using tooo many connectors :p

hehe ..

1/4 stereo -- > glodplated RCA --- > interconnects rca --- > cable --> interconnects rca --- > amplifier rca socket

that makes a lot of diff impedance and stuff to alter signal :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jim, bring up the console and make sure the orange mix button is active. It's just left of the HW VOL label. When that button is on, all sound, even if you have speakers hooked up to the mono outputs, will be sent through the preview (HP) stereo outputs. You will need a trs to stereo RCS cable for both connections.

Secondly, make sure your music software is able to select the Waveterminal as an output card. Musicmatch Jukebox lets me select any of the 5 installed stereo pairs listed in the Windows Multimedia selection, without having to reset the default sound card in Windows Media Setup. Which ever one I select it will send output to the stereo preview circuit.

If you have another sound card in your system, you may have to make the Waveterminal the default card in Windows Media Setup. What music playing software are you using? I'm assuming your speakers are powered speakers, not non powered Home Stereo speakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.